Friday, October 29, 2010

PERSONAL: PITY PARTY AND ALL

Last night I threw myself a pity party. There I said it…ugh… It’s so hard to even type this.

 “I’ll never be as good as so and so” I told Peter and off I went trying to prove my point.

Defining my photography style is always an ongoing struggle for me.   There are so many amazing people in this industry. And I must admit that I find myself looking at others work and I envy the way they can see life and capture it… in a way that I never will…

Peter listened to me patiently, waiting for the right moment to speak up.
Then he reminded me of something…

We can spend out time comparing ourselves to others and feeling sorry for ourselves, or we can do everything we can to make ourselves better and improve our abilities. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but what matters is that we stay true to ourselves and our unique style. We need to learn to appreciate others work but at same time embrace ours…




Just a picture that reminds me to always be myself ...




Ashland & Medford Oregon photographers
 love life & stay true to my passion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: