Friday, October 15, 2010

A still images was not enough


Yesterday Peter and I went down to the beach to watch the sunset. 

 There is something about the ocean that gives me peace and serenity. It might be the steady motion of the waves coming and going perfectly in sync and always  in constant movement.   It made me think of how tiny us humans are in comparison to the rest of the universe. Suddenly I felt small and fragile next to the immense sea. 

Sunsets at the beach are one of my favorite things in the whole world.
It's like God creates a beautiful masterpiece just for us to enjoy. The colors were amazing, hues of pink, purples and blues dressed the sky. I could feel the cold breeze brush against my warm cheeks as I reached for my camera to snap a shot  

The smell of salt and fish filled the air, just like love fills the air on a wedding day.  I stood in awe marveled by the beauty of what was before me. I wanted to capture it all, the sounds, the smells, the sights. I wanted to freeze the moment and for once in my life it felt like a still images was not enough. 

Then I saw the images below, Peter managed to freeze time... I looked at it in awe as it all flowed back to my memory the sounds, the smells, the sights. A still managed to capture it all....












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: