Friday, January 14, 2011

PERSONAL: "PEOPLE" PICTURES + NEVER SAY NEVER

    I know, I know. I said I was going to get to this post about a month or two ago, but you know what they say ,"better late than never." For those of you just tuning in I wrote a blog post here about the reason I loved shooting landscapes and the friend that started my interest in photography in the first place.

    Well, one day he was talking to me about how interesting portrait lighting was and that he wanted to practice taking some portraits. I said, "Why would you want to do that? I'll never take pictures of people, it would be so boring." I guess I'm eating my words now, huh? I actually really love doing portrait photography -even more than landscape photography (gasp!)

    So what changed? Put simply, Kenya. You see, when we were still dating we went to Hell's Gate Canyon (it's one of Kenya's favorite places) with her sisters, and of course I had my camera. But the unexpected happened and I thought to myself, "I guess I could try taking some portrait pictures." You know what? I actually liked it and the portraits weren't half bad either! It probably helped that those girls love posing for the camera.

    Even though I said I would never do "people" pictures (or get married), look at me now. I absolutely love being married to my wonderful wife and photographing amazing people with her. Just remember to never say never, and don't be afraid to give new things a chance, you might just like it (:

    I wasn't able to find those images, but here is the next best thing; my second attempt at portraits with a beautiful model ;)




~PPB~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: