Tuesday, December 21, 2010

PERSONAL: 2010 IN REVIEW


My camera is an extension of whom I am. Through the lens I record memories, it helps me not to forget the sights I have seen and the beautiful people I have met along the way in this crazy adventure we call life. It is a map that shows me where I came from and where I'm going. I wanted to share with you who I am and the small things that shaped my life this past year through my camera lens...

K~B

Here is Peter trying to communicate with the natives....a.k.a my uncle. By the look on their face he's not making much sense
And here I am beating them at musical chairs...booyah

The scenery was breathtaking...




...and spiders were an everyday thing

Not to mention other little creatures that lived in our room




We quickly learned that washing machines were out the question

and so was the sewer system and running water

Getting around was not an easy task either





But at the end of the day what mattered was knowing we made a difference in people's life...



...good food...



...rock throwing contest and weight lifting to prove your manliness...






...and satisfying your basic necessities




Before we knew it, the five months were up and we were back in the States. Peter missed the little creatures so much he spent his free time photographing bugs...



For me 2010 was the year of first. First time I ever gone to table rock... 





First time I had been away from my mom for so long...

First wedding fair...


First married year

First trip to Portland

First time I realized my husband was a dork



First time I discovered my family's secret identity as circus acrobats... 






First time in New Port, OR



First time I realized I too I'm a dork




First time helping Peter's dad build his house




2010 is already out the door. In the past year I learned to give thanks everyday for all the blessings I have. To love and laugh like there is no tomorrow. To put other's needs ahead of mine.To dream big.To freely forgive and to stand up for what I believe. 


Grants Pass & Southern Oregon Wedding Photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: