Tuesday, March 1, 2011

PERSONAL: SELF CONTROL DOESN'T WORK FOR ME

I searched through the kitchen like a mad woman. Where did he hide them? I desperately looked in every possible drawer, only to fail miserably. Oh, he was good. About to give up, I looked up hoping it would magically appear floating in the air. That’s when I caught a glimpse of a shiny golden bag, barely sticking out from the top of the cabinets.  Ha! I found it! Beaming triumphantly I climbed the kitchen counter. As proud of my self as the first woman to climb Mount Everest probably felt.

My beloved prize was only a few moments away. I dug into my guilty pleasure; a bag of lay’s potato chips. I finished that bag and searched for more, but with no luck. We had bought two big bags at Safe way since they were for sale. I had promised my self I would be good, but these days my body seems to be hotwired to crave everything it shouldn’t have. Marching into Peter’s office I demanded to know where he hid my other bag.

”What other bag? Oh you mean the one you ate yesterday?”  He said sarcastically.

 I sighed. That was exactly what I was looking for. Once again self control had failed me.

K~B












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: