Monday, March 28, 2011

PERSONAL: FOUR WHEELING + UNICORNS

Peter got a new truck. His old one got terrible mileage and with the rising price of gas it just made sense to get a different one. At least that’s what he told me.  We took it for a spin on Sunday. With wind blowing my hair and the sun shining in the sky we headed up to the mountain. After all, we had to “test” the four wheel drive.  Peter was crawling stuff, going on crazy trails and having a kick, a boy never the less.  I on the other side was closing my eyes shut and holding on tightly to my seat. The truck skid a little and I reached for my phone to make sure we had reception, just in case we had to call for rescue. Yes, I’m wild. He asked if I wanted to drive.

“No thank you” I told him in a tone that sounded more like “are you out of your mind? I can’t drive here. I can barely get it moving when it’s flat”. Of course, he persisted.  I didn’t want look like a wimp so I reluctantly agreed. To say I was freaking out would be an understatement. I might as well have ridden a unicorn and sprinkled glitter everywhere to prove my girliness. 

K~B
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: