Monday, May 16, 2011

PERSONAL: Finding my happy place

Every once in a while we all get the tired-burnt-out feeling that most of us are unfortunatly too familiar with. It’s like we poured out ourselves so much and forgot to fill back up. Eventully we dry up and are left to replenish.

I’ve been having one of those days, more often than I care to admit. You know the kind where all you want to do is lay in bed and forget about work. Fortunatley I have a wonderful husband that pushes me thorough it.

Last weekend he did just that. You might or might not have noticed the blog has been a little neglected. A creativity black hole so to say. I satdown many times to try and write, but nothing happened. Zero.Nada. It annoyed me, quite a bit.

“Get dressed and let’s go” Peter said. I was sitting in front of the computer feeling frustated.
where are we going? I really need to get this done”  I sighed and got dressed. There was no point, writing at the moment felt worse than a root canal.

We drove to the location of our last session. “I need some photos for the background of the album I’m desinging.”  With that he left me standing there with my camera in hand. I was so not in the mood for it. I walked around. Reluctanly snapping a shot here and there. Then one shot turned into two and three and I was hooked. I felt alive, content, replenished.

It is behind the camera that I find inpiration once again. I find my happy place :)



K~B



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: